PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A bit of a laugh
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2013, 13:12
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have this P*** T*** story which involves him, down route, with a crew who decided to "wind him up". As the aircraft was started, with PT outside on his long lead, the lead was disconnected, thrown from the crew door and the door closed. The aircraft then started to Taxy, with the "front end" passing PT with the obligatory "Victory" gesture.

As they drew level with the exit from the pan the Captain had a quick double take, and realised the joke was on them. To the left of the taxiway entry was a line of luggage, neatly lined up. You guessed it, the Captain, Co, Nav and the Flt Eng were looking at their own bags. You did not get far if you tried it on with PT

And for dessert:

A rumour went around the Albert fleet, as I was " a Gee eee ing ", about a very well braid bounded Navigator, who, arrived at the aircraft with the "Royals" bags. Pilot and Co, both lowly Flt Lts, placed their bags on the aircraft and got back on the bus to go to flight planning. The Nav dropped his bags near the crew door and shouted to PT "keep an eye on my bags will you loadie" and joined them on the bus. All went as well as one could get on yet another majestic Albert intercontinental sojourn to the west.

9 hours or so later, on arrival at St Johns, Newfie. Our Nav is having difficulty locating his luggage. On asking PT "I say Loadie, where are my bags ?" He was informed that as requested, he (PT) had kept an eye on the bags, right up until the point of taxiing, at which point he observed the Groundcrew, with safety in mind, moving them off to the side of the parking bay to allow the aircraft to taxy out. "I suppose they are by the Houchin on Bay 27 sir" says he.

The man truly is a legend, mainly because, despite his obvious humour, he was also respected for his proffessionalism, reflected in his maintaining a high Cat and MALM status. Them was the daze, as they say in these parts.

Smudge

Last edited by smujsmith; 13th Jun 2013 at 19:27.