PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New treatment for DVT: Lawyers, available everywhere
Old 20th Jul 2001, 07:29
QTSOA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I was sickened the other night to watch a DVT 'victim' burst out into tears on television, obviously for the sole purpose of getting the public's sympathy. I am not a cold person, and my sympathy goes out to those who get DVT, however, in most cases, the 'victims' are not living healthily anyway! The majority of cases have been smokers, or had other unhealthy habits that largely contributed to the onset.
The public need to know that aviation, despite how far it has developed to this day, is still somewhat experimental. It's an industry where anything can happen, and new discoveries are being made every day. Every passenger that boards an aircraft is a test case. There are claims that DVT has been occuring for many years. There were so few occurences, it's understandable why nothing serious was done. The airlines and CASA owe the victims nothing. They provide a service, and knew (at the time) no better. Though tragic, there was nothing (at the time) that could have been done. What i've written here might not make much sense because im very tierd, and i apologise for that. But this is the way I see it. This is the real world, and I think that the people wanting to cash in on an unfortunate situation for both them and the airlines need to re-consider, and keep it real! Please correct me if anything I have said is incorrect.