PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did Barrier get their AOC back?
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2013, 21:11
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
90 seconds – create to send.

Just my two bob's worth, I can't believe the 'issues' are any longer just about Barrier (and others) or Quadrio (and others) or Pel Air (and others). All have played a small part in exposing 'the system' for what it truly is and form part of the matrix which defines the awful state aviation finds itself bogged down in. To allow the closure of Barrier or any carrier under the present system only reinforces it.

There are, for probably the first time, several political types interested. The Pel Air debacle has great potential to become the catalyst for much needed reform. It is up to industry now to keep that interest focussed. The Hon. Entsch now has a speech on Hansard proposing an inquiry, that needs your support; Sen. the Hon Macdonald has picked up a bat along with the now bi partisan RRAT committee, there is a 176 page report, produced at great expense which goes some way toward assisting industry. The least anyone can do is send an email supporting and reinforcing the efforts made on industry behalf; bit like the local footy team, they do better, much better (win loose or draw) with support from the sidelines.

This is no longer just about "Barrier" but about this industry getting involved and using the tools available to prevent a travesty, like Barrier etc. etc. ever happening again. The tools are there, just need some willing hands encouraging the politicos to get the job done.

Dear Sir - I applaud your speech in the adjournment debate, June 5, 2013 and fully support the call for inquiry into the behaviour of the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) at Cairns base in the matter of Barrier Aviation.. Which, in my opinion, has been disgraceful and ... etc. (as you like).
Hon. Warren Entsch MP, Member for Leichhardt, Qld.
Chief Opposition Whip.
Tel: (07) 4051 2220
Fax: (07) 4031 1592
[email protected]

Last edited by Kharon; 12th Jun 2013 at 21:14.