PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hats off to the RPG!
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2013, 16:07
Gnirren

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh wow another hamsterwheel churning about TRSS.

Put it this way then: You are 99% of you self-serving destroyers of this fine industry. Why? Because you paid for training. Any training. Did you fund your ATPL? CPL? Did you purchase an MCC-course? Sim-time preparing for an interview?

Ah, so you went and purchased an advantage that your poor fellow pilot could not buy for himself. Tut tut... poor form old chap.

So, let's be rid of the hypocrisy once and for all by not splitting hairs and climbing up ivory towers, high horses and what-not.

Unless you came from a. military training having not spent one red cent/penny or b. an airline's ab-initio program a la lufthansa or KLM having spent an equal amount of zero monies, YOU too are part of the infamous pay-to-fly crowd.

You can try and wriggle out of it sure enough, but to me it's all or nothing baby. You either whore, or you do not. And before you go all huff and puff, yes of course I place myself squarely in the "sold out my profession by purchasing an ATPL"-misfits. I'm fine with it. Pragmatism, you dig. One does what one can to get by and all the rest of it.

Lastly, ponder this; if the pay for training door truly didn't exist. If flight schools were closed institutions and all you had were military programs and zero-hours cadet programs with 8 slots and 56000 applicants, how many of you wining about TRSS b*tches would have a job right NOW? I see many camels and many very small needle-eyes.

Pipe down, "right stuff"...