PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2013, 16:00
Courtney Mil

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Where are you hearing that?
Originally Posted by JSFfan
read my posts, I state in in there and also quoted a F-22 pilot
I read your posts. So you read it on a forum as a rumour or someone's throw away remark and then quoted it here as if you had been told a fact.

In what role is that happening?
In a system sim, the person said that the F-35 was exceeding the F-22 within the system
Please explain what that means. What is a system sim and what does "the F-35 was exceeding the F-22 within the system" mean?

What are you trying to prove by even saying it?
one poster said "which the SH really has to fear. It might not utterly dominate but it will absolutely be capable of holding its own against anything out there (bar an F-22)"

and I replyed "I'm hearing the F-35 is snotting the F-22's capability in full system sims, perhaps one day you will use the f-35 as a benchmark too "

and I posted a F-22 pilot saying amongst other things, that 80% of the budget is spent integrating the F-22 into the system
Am I right in thinking that it's your way of saying that F-22 is better than F-18, F-35 is better than F-22, therefore F-35 is better than F-18? This still falls a long way short of the truth as you have based your premise on some fictitious simulation about which you can tell us nothing apart from their official finding that "the f-35 is snotting the F-22".

What simulation is this based upon?
don't know, the person didn't say
Great credibility to you and your statement.

Using what metrics?
don't know the person didn't say
Therefore the statement itself is totally meaningless and unsubstantiated.

So you just heard a comment and decided it was worth trying to pass off here, did you? A credibility low point, perhaps? I've been looking at your source on Defencetalk. For someone that claims to be able to decide whom is worth listening to and whom is not, I reckon you may not be as smart as you think. Do you really think that anyone that has clearances in a program with so many classified aspects would post a piece of information in the public domain giving out information about the F-35, even less the F-22? Would they even state in public that they held such clearances?

Last edited by Courtney Mil; 12th Jun 2013 at 16:08.