PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fuel Efficiency
Thread: Fuel Efficiency
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2013, 12:57
Ozcrew70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel Efficiency

Hi All,

I'm posting hoping to get some advice / assistance from people a lot smarter than I am regarding a project I'm undertaking related to Optimisation of potable water upload and its effect on possible fuel savings.

I will firstly apologise if the information I provide is in any way incorrect or inadequate. I work as Cabin Crew and certainly do not claim to be anything remotely close to an expert related to this area. In short I was just hoping to get some assistance / advice from here to see whether completing and submitting the project is a worthwhile exercise of not. Hence the reason I post here seeking assistance.

Effectively I have reviewed a large number of our flights and feel my current company has the opportunity to safely reduce carried potable water and thus weight / fuel requirements.

Relevant Flight Information:

1. 28 flights per week / Long Haul (for average sake say 14 hours per flight).

2. B777 aircraft.

3. Fuel cost (for conversion below - 0.82 per litre).

H20 related Information:

The recommendation that will be made based on the collected data is that effectively 288L of potable water per flight can be safely removed.

What I was hoping to obtain some assistance on is obtaining some figures on:

1. An idea of how much fuel (L) could potentially be saved per annum by reducing each flight by 288L.

2. A (rough) monetary figure that could potentially be saved on fuel based on this weight reduction & at a purchase price of 0.82 per litre.

3. How many ??? (pounds) of C02 emissions could result.

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can possibly provide any advice - its greatly appreciated.

Cheers