PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2013, 08:33
Courtney Mil

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
JSFfan,

You've very neatly side-stepped the questions around your statement...

Originally Posted by JSFfan
I'm hearing the f-35 is snotting the f-22's capability in full system sims
...by simply posting quotes about how great the F-35 is. It had better turn out to be good, frankly. Your statement there is a massive assertion that needs backing-up or withdrawing. So, I invite you qualify that statement. I restate my questions:

Where are you hearing that?

In what role is that happening?

What are you trying to prove by even saying it?

I would like to add:

What simulation is this based upon?

and

Using what metrics?

When you answer, perhapse you might keep these in mind - no need to respond to them, just the questions above:

Originally Posted by Just This Once...
Courtney has highlighted how preposterous your claim is but I would like to question your honesty.

Or do you expect us to believe that an uncleared civilian with no connection to the programme would have such easy access to
classified information?
Originally Posted by Wallah
The problem with simulations is that they are just that. Given the immaturity of the JSF mission systems, which don't forget are the heart of the JSF's capability, at the moment they are just the best guess about what LM should deliver. Until the programme completes OT and delivers as war fighting platform a true judgement cannot be made.

Also, given that there is only one country that has a true F22 model, I highly doubt that anyone is leaking information. I suspect that the 'rumour' are nothing more than that.
Originally Posted by Mach Two
The f-35 cannot be classed as "very good" as it doesn't even exist in operational form yet. For the people flying it and testing at the moment, it has no operational capability so is simply a very nice aircraft to fly. Hopefully, one day, it will become "very good", but you are in no position to make such a claim today.

Last edited by Courtney Mil; 12th Jun 2013 at 08:39.