PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type rating + line training with Skies aviation
Old 12th Jun 2013, 07:55
BugSpeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Industry erosion of terms

Guys,

Please, please, please if you can DO NOT PAY FOR YOUR OWN TYPE RATING. If and I stress IF, the only way you can get a job is to pay for the rating, REFUSE TO PAY FOR LINE TRAINING!!!

PAYF has decimated the terms and conditions within the industry and certainly in the case of Easy, the CAA have told them they will need DEC's very soon because the calibre of the PAYF F/O's is simply not up to scratch.

So two things have happened under this scheme:

1) Working T's and C's (roster protection, days off, cost of training, "training", etc etc) have been eroded to the point of bean counting bottom lines. Airlines employing such schemes also, in essence, lose the ability to "chop" pilots because ANYBODY can pass line training if enough money is thrown at it.

2) Potential aircraft commanders are not being identified because PAYF encourages those who "...just want to fly an airliner..." to remain in the RHS and bumble along the upper bottom third of ability.

What am I basing these facts on? In point 1), comments made by management from my first commercial outfit when PAYF was just starting to emerge in the mainstream. Point 2) is based on comments made to me by a FOI.

For the sake of industry standards: PLEASE REFRAIN FROM PAYING FOR TYPE RATINGS!