PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are u.s float ratings accepted in canada
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2013, 06:56
custardpsc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ellemeet - assume you are enquiring about canadian touring here - if so you actually have a few choices. I can't speak with authority for all of them and it really depends on what you want out of it but here are some pointers

FLVC - one year validation of your foreign licence - can't add any ratings
LTPL - short term licence - based on valid foreign licence/medical - can add ratings, but only get one 3 month LTPL per year - this can be a good choice for doing your float rating on holiday. The rating stays in the system so if you were to get a based on or proper canadian licence later you'd have the ases rating on your new licence. I did LTPL then got a 'based on'.
'based on' licence - I have one of these now based on my uk licence and after taking private checkride can become full canadian licence. This is canadian equivalent of 61.75 - can't remember if an icao medical works for this or if must be canadian
reciprocal licence, think it has to be canadian
Canadian licence - you can be given a canadian licence if you have an faa one but iirc you then need a canadian medical. Think this is a one shot process.

Start here - Foreign Applicants - Transport Canada by looking at the foreign licence validation section.

Last edited by custardpsc; 12th Jun 2013 at 06:59.