PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2013, 22:10
JSFfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"F-35 was never designed to take on F-22."
who said it was

"I've never seen any evidence of that here, unless it suits you."
It has to resonate with other sources, someone saying they use to be a pilot so they know all about 5th gen counts for naught.
Especially when the pilots who transition to the f-22 say it's a different world to get their head around
don't the UK pilots say similar about their f-35 experience?

this also supports that the f-22 isn't/wasn't in the system enough
What is the Fifth Generation Aircraft All About? The View From The Cockpit | SLDInfo
The joint operational role for the Raptor is significant. I’d say 80% of our funded testing since I’ve been here in the last two years in some way, shape, or form involves integration; whether it’s integration with other airplanes like F-18s, F-15s and 16s, or integration with Aegis. Maritime Interdiction Integration is a key element of what we’re doing. Virtually all of our tests are about how to make the airplane value-added to the conventional fleet, and that’s pretty much all we’ve done recently.

People throw out those terms all the time, “the paradigm shift”, “a game changer”, “an evolutionary leap”, all those things, but it’s all true. It’s all accurate. And I can tell you from the perspective of a guy who has flown over 2,000 hours in a Hornet. I was a TOPGUN instructor. I was really at the top of my game. I was as competent as the Marine Corps could’ve taught me to be.
In spite of this background, it was a challenge and a major mental leap for me to go to the F-22. It takes time to turn the corner with 5th Gen thinking. But once you do, there’s no going back. Your SA and your ability increase dramatically. Truth be told, you’re always going to have limits in any legacy platform, for many reasons. There’s not a pilot in the Air Force that’s flying Raptors right now that will not tell you the exact same thing.

Last edited by JSFfan; 11th Jun 2013 at 22:54.