PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft lands in Cheltenham garden
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2013, 21:42
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was taught, unless you can guarantee a "safe landing" in case of a major failure (engine, prop, fuselage...), then pull the chute, by all means assess the situation, but you are up against time. Can I also add, the Cirrus has a Flight Operation Manual. It is the manufacturer's recommendation and "Now a requirement" to fly the Cirrus aircraft in accordance with the flight operation manual. Any cirrus pilots that require clarification on the Flight operation manual, then may I suggest them to contact a Cirrus Training Centre in UK, details of which are published on the Cirrus-US Website
Would someone be kind enough to post a link or the relevant material where Cirrus give such detailed instructions on the use of the chute? Rick I am sure you can publish that here as I do not have up to date access to the latest Cirrus instructions on the use of the chute.
Last I saw was on engine failure which was conventional glide clear and only in the event of no suitable forced landing site CONSIDER the chute.
I presume a heck of a lot has changed since then so lets see the official chute instructions from Cirrus.

Oh well the pull for any reason anywhere means minimal PPL training for Cirrus pilots/ No PFL as you do not need them. No Spin training as you do not need it! stall recovery? Why bother you have the chute. Recovery from unusual attitudes? again why bother pull the chute! The list goes on ! Instrument flying skills? Just stick the autopilot on etc etc etc! People on the ground to hell with them as long as I am ok? Weather why bother pull the chute! Why even bother with the PPL a driving licence will do!
Not the way I wa taught

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 11th Jun 2013 at 21:53.