PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hats off to the RPG!
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2013, 18:38
goaround737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My, My, haven’t we all been busy today.

You know, I could probably accept the lacklustre “it was the only thing going” excuse that Depone and Al Murdoch give, had it been accompanied by a “and yes I know that we’re over the industry by doing it, but I’ve never met you so I’m not that bothered”I could live with that. But it never is!

These people are doing mental backflips to avoid the admission that buying their way onto the flight deck contributes to the degradation of piloting!

Al Murdoch – you see the options as being “Ryanair/Easyjet,instructing or Flybe” What planet are you on?!? There are 190 countries in the world and a couple of hundred thousand companies that employ pilots. I’ve got to hand it to you, your job hunt must have taken all of an afternoon! And you still fail to grasp that Instructing isn’t the route it once was precisely because of the actions of Ryanair and the likes!! Why hire an instructor with 1500hours when you can have a 200 hour chap who will foot the bill himself! I could scream, I really could!!

And to suggest that you and I share some sort of “collective responsibility” for the way things are, is maddening. I’ve had no part in this! Believe it or not I’m comfortable enough that I could have thrown money at it and bought my way into a job, but I didnt!I did the hard yards for 2 years before it paid off!

And another thing, if it means being labelled a “Small Minded Cretin” for taking a stand against you and saying that I find your way into this profession distasteful, and further, that I won’t reward you for it later on down the line – then so be it! Im happy to be labelled as such!

Small Minded Cretin (And Proud)

Last edited by goaround737; 11th Jun 2013 at 18:40.