PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Industrial action 11, 12, 13th June
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2013, 17:40
silverstrata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Timex - Dundee.

I stand corrected. But I do remember that is was the most rediculous example of union-inspired corporate bankruptcy - which resulted not in higher employee wages, but no wages at all. It was a classic demonstration of how union concentration on worker benefits, instead of unions concentrating on the health of the company, bankrupted not only Timex, but much of UK PLC.
Timex strike - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just as Timex succummed to union stupidity after 47 years, so will the French ATC. (Just as the American controllers comitted economic suicide back in 1981.)

And as to the poster who suggested this was all about employing half-price controllers from Cyprus and Malta this is not so. I am sure that controllers from across the richest nations of Europe will still hold most of the top posts in the new ATC system, and few if any wages will be cut. If French ATC fear wage cuts, I would suggest that their wages must be out of all proportion to the median wage in Europe. In other words, they have been fleecing every passenger who goes to or crosses over France, and deriving French wealth on the back of the long-suffering passengers of Europe. I think there will be few supporters for that highwayman-like position.

Last edited by silverstrata; 11th Jun 2013 at 17:44.