PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hats off to the RPG!
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2013, 07:40
goaround737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I often think that the damage we do to the industry is self fulfilling. The more people we allow to buy their way into, the less people thereare to improve conditions therein. Those that buy their way have proved themselves to be willing to accept the very worse the industry has to offer, in order to further their own interests. These people are surely not the sorts to harbour any real concern for their peers, as they can always jump ship to something better?

Having read with interest the recent comments posted, I am quite sure this is the case. These people seem to have no concept of how they are viewed or the morality of buying a place in the queue ahead of a more skilled candidate. Or at least if they do, they bury it deep down.

I’m appalled with the attitude and assessment of some of my peers in that they truly believe that Ryanair is the only option available to them. This is simply not the case, Ryanair was the easiest option available to them. Piloting is one of the most fiercely competitive industries I know of,and a first job is usually the fruit of years of labour rather than a purchased commodity. In a parallel universe, had these jobs been available through usual means, they would have gone most capable pilots by the well-trodden path of “starting at the bottom and working your way up” But sadly this is not the case any more,due in part to those who are happy to pay and Ryanairs appetite to accept them.

Whilst I would not purport open hostility towards Ryanair aircrew,I will certainly remember them. Many years from now when the financial crisis has passed and the industry is expanding and on the up, I will still remember the tough times. I will also remember those that paid their way into the profession and by their actions, made it that bit worse for the rest of us.

Last edited by goaround737; 11th Jun 2013 at 07:43.