PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do we still have an Air Force?
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2013, 22:29
Milo Minderbinder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"I guess you won't have read the bold red notice on the front page of the RAF Cosford Airshow webpage will you Milo, too busy monitoring traffic on the M54"

Sorry - don't know what you're getting at
The website said all the hospitality packages and enclosure tickets had sold out. Said nothing about the event being "ticket only". I checked that website very closely, just in case.
If you meant something else, then the sites changed so I can't see what you were trying to say.
As for monitoring the traffic, no I was driving past the traffic and using proper lane discipline. Took me just 50 minutes to get from Walsall to the car park. If other people knew how to do the same the queue would overall have been a lot shorter for most. Nearly all the delay was due to everyone queuing on the hard shoulder for ten miles, with lane 1 of the motorway near-empty, and the exit lane on the slip road similarly near empty. Rate of traffic off the motorway could have been doubled - the road from the motorway to the airfield was under capacity. I blame the local radio for reporting the "use hard shoulder" signs - which were only in the last few miles, but were interpreted as being for the whole motorway length. Dangerously crazy.