PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hats off to the RPG!
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2013, 21:57
TeaTowel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you were 22 with a CPL IR with debts to pay and the only show in town was Ryanair, what course of action would you take?
I am 23 fresh out of school (with admittedly minimal debts as I worked while training, while work was to be had)

How about I just not apply to Ryanair? (Cant afford to pass the interview anyway.) Jesus don't people realise thats an option? There are other ways to start paying off debt that don't include destroying current and your own future jobs prospects.

Like Journey Man said:
Where do you 'get out' to once all the other airlines have been forced to adopt the same strategies Ryanair use in order to compete?
FR/SSTR/P2F are not creating jobs.

THey are replacing them.

Are these so called professionals so naive to think that by accepting this for their first job, all future jobs will be well paid and secure?

Qatar and BA have already switched to SSTR marketed as "cadetships". They were getting sick of idiots spending their cash at their competitors only to apply to BA and Qatar a few years down the line anyway and expect a free type rating and good salary. All carriers will switch to this model over the next few years. The options for the FR boys will be few and far between in a few years but the damage they are causing will never go away.

I would like to see anyone who's ever done this be boycotted by the rest of their pilot peers.

This thread tried to muster up support for them. Do not do this or you will just be helping them dog your own grave.

Last edited by TeaTowel; 10th Jun 2013 at 21:59.