PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTO in Netherlands
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2013, 21:49
P40Warhawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess you are Dutch?
Anyway. What is wrong about having your training in another country via a Dutch FTO?
If that is already a problem because you are to far from your fam and friends, then dont even consider a carreer in aviation. You will not have a chance of a job in the Netherlands for the next 20 years most probably. So you will be far from home if you can even find a job.

Then Another point is.
DFA, STELLA, MFA, AIS are all way to expensive. Between 110-120K. But because you will start paying interest over full amount of loan from day one plus living expenses, you will end up with a debt of around 150 to 160K.
Then the chance that you have to pay for your TR when you can even find a job in Timboektoe is pretty big. So another 30-60K. Which means a debt of over 200K. Starting salaries around 1000-1500 euro a month. But since you have such a big debt , you have to pay the bank between 800-1000 euro interest per month. So from what money do you want to live? Or do you have ambitions to live on the street. Never be able to start a family? Because you cant effort that.
Besides. Stella is one huge scam. Beautiful sales talks about Boeing and Airbus will deliver so many planes in the next 20 years, so so many 1000's of pilots are needed to operate these planes plus the grey wave bullscam.

So a summary:
You want to stay close to home and work for KLM, Transavia, Arke? I would say dream on. KLM hires only from KLS, which is about to go bankrupt, NLS, KLu.
But has at the moment around 300 people who are hired on the waiting list for TR training. Only a hand full will get of this list for training on type per year.

Transavia is a Daughter company of KLM. And is also closed. Only some summer contracts, which are meant for KLS Graduates.

Arke, maybe so now and then hiring, but only experienced pilots.

Just outside Netherlands , Germany:
Lufthansa and Daughters are also closed. Have about 900 people who are hired but waiting for training on waiting list. So no chance.

For further information, I suggest you to check Airwork - Piloten Portal - Home about DFA, MFA, Stella, AIS.
There is enough written about these schools on that forum. I can tell you not much good. The only one at the moment of those which is considerable is AIS, since they have own airline > AIS Airlines. But not all graduates get chance to fly afterwords for AIS airlines on J32.

If you even consider to do flight training in a Dutch FTO, then better NLS or EPST.

But even better is try to get a job in KLU. Royal Dutch Airforce or Navy pilot.
Training will be paid for you. A job security if you make it through the whole training.

Or try to find other sponsorships.

Other way is do your training outside the Netherlands. Netherlands is the most expensive country in the world to do your Flight training.

Myself I do my flight training in Lithuania at Baltic Aviation Academy.
Costs of training is 55K euro's. Integrated. No the ABN Pilotendesk will not give you a loan for the training. They only do that for those Dutch FTO's. So you have to find another solution.

So a lot of material to read for you. If you have more questions.

Just let me know .