PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 10th Jun 2013, 10:52
004wercras

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leadie, agreed. CAA NZ and the Singaporeans rule sets are quite good. I reckon they would probably sufficiently cover 90% of our requirements down under. Which is better than the present ****e we have.
Our problem in AUS is twofold. The 'iron ring' has used the regs, legislation and the law as a personal play thing, to be meddled with and fiddled with more than they do with their small undersize shlongs. The second reason is paranoia. The paranoia of being accountable. So make the rules so grey, so confusing, so unworkable that when things do go wrong the CAsA and Australian government can escape accountability each time, they can manipulate the 'intent' to suit themselves and flick the blame back on all and sundry, anybody but themselves.
It is a well orchestrated and conducted game of throwing the blame.

My question to people like ICAO, and more so the FAA is this - Are you all willing to allow the CAsA game to continue, knowing that their obsfucation, incompetence and arrogance could, as has happened in the past, contribute to a serious incident or accident? You see that is the bigger picture here. All the carrying on's have the potential to put an international operator at risk, not only in this country but in their own. Again I ask, are they really prepared to accept this ongoing risk?

I do however disagree on one point Leadie. A new AOC, general rule of thumb takes a minimum of 12 months to implement properly. Just a wee example, remember AN introducing the 747 a/c type? They did it in 4 months, and it was a major f#ck up which resulted in VH-INH's nose sitting on the deck at SYD APT.
VA tried to introduce the A330 onto the AOC with an original audacious plan of around 6 months. It didn't happen. It blew out to a more respectful 13 months approximately, after numerous implementation issues.
90 days? Hmmmm. Not so sure, if it is correct then the operator applying must be pretty switched on, and the Regulator certainly not a lazy ass shelfware organisation. Indeed they must truly have their pot plants in a row

Last edited by 004wercras; 10th Jun 2013 at 11:10.