PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R44 Pilots On A Budget Required - Denham / Wycombe
Old 10th Jun 2013, 10:12
readgeoff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am a member of this group and can confirm that Chopper Chappie is a very nice chap

On the subject of sharing vs owning clearly if I could afford to own a machine outright and park it in own garden I would do that but I am not in that boat (just yet).

So the choice is to share a machine with 9 other like minded pilots, all of whom I have flown with or to take a self hire machine which has all the same inherent problems associated with someone else having flown it before me.

The issues are also the same for anyone owning their own machine and leasing it back to a flying school for training to try and make the numbers work.

Other than this overspeed blip the group has worked very well, is more cost effective than self fly hiring, has surprisingly good availability and we regularly go flying with each other so I get to go places and see things that I almost certainly would not be doing if I wasn't in the group. We also do group learning days with have been very valuable.