PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US EMS Crashes-2013
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2013, 23:01
SASless

Received 521 Likes on 217 Posts
I once saw an FAA Inspector get promoted and sent up to FAA HQ to participate in the oversight and reforming of the Helicopter EMS industry.

That reminded me of the Peter Principle...Government Bureaucracy....and Sod's Law coming together in a Perfect Storm.

When I commented about all this to a former frequent poster here during an FAA Safety Conference where this Nimrod was to be the guest speaker....I was told how unkind I was being and surely I was making it all up.

Part way through the presentation....I got a "Knowing" look from my accuser who apologized to me for his remarks which he admitted floundered upon the Reef of Reality.

The FAA system is cumbersome....the bureaucracy stifles good people and good thought...the Rule Making Procedure would make Will Rogers think bad things about whoever formulated that process....and then we have the Helicopter Industry itself.....and that would make a Saint cuss.

One of these days....I would like to see a proper accounting of all the People that have been killed, maimed, and injured flying EMS Helicopters....and then determine the Financial Cost of that loss of lives, limbs, and aircraft.

No wonder Air Ambulance Charges are so damned expensive!