PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2013, 17:32
Danny42C

Miscellaneous.

Smudge,

Very profound, but can't quite get my head round it. Never mind - thanks all the same...D

ubehagligpolitiker,

Thank you for the generous compliment ! I shall try to continue to give satisfaction, with a bit of humour on the side.

"ubehaglig" ? German dictionary is buried somewhere, was there an "unbehaglich" ("uneasy", "uncomfortable" - or have I got that wrong, too). Is there a linguist in the house ?

"Politiker" - know what that is. Don't trust 'em !......D.

BEagle,

Marvellous picture ! The elegantly posed chap in the middle (fag between finger and thumb) is Bill Goodrum. I remember several other faces, but can't put the names to them with any certainty. Don't recognise Boss Martin there - he would have been in pole position, anyway. (Could he have been the cameraman ?)

pzu (out of Africa) in #3654, p.183, gives a link (middle one) to a cartoon of 608. I could get it much bigger then and vaguely recognise faces, but can't do it now. Perhaps one of our wizards could blow it up as big as possible for me ?..... D.

Chugalug,

It was a hard life, wasn't it ? I sympathise with you; Section 40 could land you in trouble for breathing. Dust in the welts must have been a capital offence, almost as bad as not polishing the backs of your buttons !.....D.

mmitch,

The good old Eleventh Commandment:- "Thou shalt not get Found Out". It was ever thus....D.

My thanks to you all for your interest. Cheers,

Danny