PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CFM56-5C Oil Leak enigma
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2013, 08:17
Eclipse 400

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you , Yes I wanted to put an image but I first didn't success to do so. But now I do:

(Sorry even by doing exactly as shown in example ( by putting at the end), my image don't appear ...

So in the draing above we have:

- Yellow: the forward sump. This area is during the engine run always full of oil coming from oil nozzles. The purpose is, as you can imagine, to lubricate and cool the bearings (in blue),
- Green: the famous forward stationnary air/oil seal. His purpose is to close the the area of the forward sump via labyrinth seals (each sides of the pressuriation tube)
-Red : the rear stationnary seal: same prupose.

In the plan, the pressurization tube has been represented at 12 o'clok in order to appear on the plan but in reality there is 4 pressu tubes at 10 and half, 1 and half, 4 and half & 7 and half (which wouldn't have been represented otherwise). And so the oil leak is coming from the 7 o'clock (aft looking forward) after engine stop.

Really weired because once again, oil can't agglomerate at those locations.

I will follow your advice lomapaseo thank you I thought that it was the only part of the forum dedicated to technical discutions.

Last edited by Eclipse 400; 9th Jun 2013 at 10:40.