PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Losing ATPL credits ?!?! Help me.
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2013, 07:14
Airmagnet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Losing ATPL credits ?!?! Help me.

After 9 million phone calls and emails to the UK CAA, I still have no idea how to resolve the following issue. Your opinions will be appreciated, hopefully they will help me to make a decision. So here it is...

1. My ATPL Exam Credit will expire on 5th September 2013, I have a UK CPL / No IR. I also hold a CASA CPL / IR and I'm Based in Australia flying twins for a charter company. I don't want to lose my ATPL theory so I located a CAA flight examiner in Australia (which took 2 months of phone calls and emails) who can do my IR test before the exams expire.

BUT

He tells me, the initial UK IR must be done in a EASA state, Australia is not one obviously. He also say's that the prerequisites for the issue of the UK ATPL licence must be gained in a EASA state (I.e. all the multi, night time etc I have been getting in Australia doesn't count??) WT.... I though time was time?

What I want to do is apply for a UK ATPL once I have the prerequisites. Then I want to convert that licence to an Australian or CASA ATPL.

Am I trying to do the right thing or should I just let the UK ATPL credits go expire, get off my a*se and do the 7 CASA ATPL subjects and save myself $1000's of dollars in pain killers and alcohol trying to get to the bottom of this?