PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL - This time im ready!
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2013, 06:50
jamieerst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st Lesson Done!!!

Well what can i say that hasnt already been said before, the first lesson was amazing... massive information overload but what a great experience.

I arrived at the school slightly apprehensive and nervous about the whole ordeal, both my wife, my mum and my daughter Maisie came along. By the time we got to Barton, Maisie had fallen asleep, clearly not as exicted as Daddy.

Quick toilet stop then over to LAC Flying School where i met Kate on reception, who introduced me to my instructor, Fran Wolff.

We had a quick chat on previous experience then i got all my initial gear (still no idea) - High Viz LAC Flying School Jacket, Fuel Tester, PA28 Checklist and a copy of Pooleys Air Pilots Manual.

We then took a short walk out to the aircraft, Fran did have some concerns that the aircraft wasn't sitting correctly and there could be a problem with the nose wheel, but is was all part of the checks.... that i had to do!!!!!

So we started the checks, checking the initial electronics including anti-collision light and navigation lights, they lit up so we shut them down and continued the walk around. ...As most people are aware of the PA28 Checklist i will stop there .. still excited about the whole thing..sorry

The flight itself was covering exercise 4 in the air pilots manual, the effects of the different control's on the aircraft, was a little bumpy up there due to some thermals, but still an amazing experience.

One question, that im trying to get sorted in my head though...

When performing a turn to the left or right should i apply the same direction of rudder ? so if im rolling to the left do i apply left rudder, then apply right rudder on the roll out to counter the yaw effect ?

(cant believe im asking that question, i must have learnt something yesterday)

Next three lessons booked... cant wait!!!!!!!!!