PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where to go from here?
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2013, 19:11
Woody12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not the person to say others what to do or not. I would like to bring an aspect which is unimportant for a lot of wannabees, but it is not. I got today in talk with a friend of mine. He is also a pilot, late in the thirties and was doing very well on his job. Got recently married, bought a nice house, got 2 kids and got the offer to upgrade to captain. In the chat we had he told me he is quiting flying. Reason he is not seeing his family enough (he was commuting) and found out that life is more than flying. He will go back to his homecountry and is about to do a non flying job which is paying much less. He was happy with his decision because he has also other things in life but flying. And then i realised.....i have nothing of this. Only myself and a flying job. I wish i could say i leave flying for something else. All the decisions i take are in function of my job. So my advice is make sure you have other things than flying. Other things you can look forward to (a freelancejob,wife, a nice social life or even other goals in your life). One day, it might all stop because of e.g revoked medical. Think about the quality of life. You might find it all crap what i am saying which you are entitled to, but just keep this in the back of your head. I'm almost begging to. Please.

Last edited by Woody12; 8th Jun 2013 at 20:52.