PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 8th Jun 2013, 13:50
004wercras

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Connecting dots?

Sarcs, some very good points. Senator Xenophon and Co, Warren Entsch et al are chipping away to the best of their ability.
Perhaps the two gentlemen have a robust understanding of ANZ's encounter with Mt Erebus? By all accounts the Erebus accident and Pel Air's ditching are chalk and cheese. However it becomes very very similar when you look at the actions of the key power brokers.

New Zealand (Erebus);

• The CAA was incompetent and tried to cover up.
• The Government of the day was incompetent, crooked and tried to cover up.
• The accident investigator of the day was incompetent and tried to cover up.
• The then Prime Minister was not interested in truth or justice.
• All blamed the pilots.

Australia (Norfolk);
• The CAsA has been incompetent and it has been alleged during the inquiry, tried to cover up.
• Our Government has been incompetent and allowed monumental travesty of justice to occur. Spin, lies and deceit.
• The ATSBeaker has tried to spin, deflect, has proven incompetent, conducted a woeful investigation and is also lead by an incompetent leader.
• Our Minister is not interested in fact, truth or justice for those suffering.
• All have blamed the Pilots (well Dom anyway).

Although there are other factors involved with both accidents I have mentioned, it is amazing to see similar tactics by governments and bureaucracies taking place?
Long stretch of the bow one may ask? Perhaps. Then again, perhaps not. Either way, should the astute Senators push for a royal commission then it may be wise to study up about the treatment of Mahon in his quest for transparency and justice.

Apologies for the slight drift, it is not my intention to rehash Erebus on this thread, but the behind the scenes political similarities do align in my opinion.