PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft lands in Cheltenham garden
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2013, 09:23
englishal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jesus Christ, there are a lot of Morons on Pprune....Some of them hide behind these forums pretending to be Sky Gods when in fact they are probably just flightsimers or wierdos who pretend to be pilots.....You can tell by the responses of some people.

indeed I hope the yellow bellied bas***rd that pulled his chute over my friends and relatives gets the book thrown at him. A huge fine and time in jail might dent some of his detestable selfish arrogance.
Lets assume for a moment that THIS PILOT WAS GOING TO DIE IF HE DIDN'T PULL THE HANDLE....Was he right to pull? YES of course he was. It doesn't matter the reason he was going to die, he made completely the right decision.

Cranfield - Recently a PA38 crashed their, seriously injuring two people. One was reported as a FI. The FI apparently tried to turn back to the field and messed it up...People make mistakes all the time, or else we wouldn't have any form or Pilot Error to report about (and 75% of all accidents are Pilot Error). IF THE REPORTS ARE CORRECT........Would you call this pilot a "Yellow Bellied B**tard" (Other posters words, not mine) and should they get the book thrown at them for allegedly making a mistake almost killing a passenger? NO of course not, it was a mistake.

In both the two accidents above NONE OF US WERE THERE so none of us can comment on EXACTLY the facts, what was going through the pilot's mind at the time, and what the situation was, so there is no need for language like the above poster used about a fellow pilot who may or may not have made a mistake.

IMHO Cirrus has no worse accident stats than any other SEP light aircraft - we have numerous PA28's / PA38's /C172's etc., crash each year and on more than one occasion in recent years flight into IMC by a VFR pilot. The differences in these instances have been all onboard were killed, whereas in the Cirrus, everyone survived.