PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 7th Jun 2013, 21:09
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jingle # 2029 – "Rumour has it that Dom James and Co have defamation lawyers lined up with CASA and the ATSB in their sites." etc.
I had it from a fairly reliable refuelling source that "Defo" is a very hard argument to win, particularly when qualified privilege* is dragged into the mix. It was mentioned that a 'defective administration' beef may be an easier row to hoe. Looking back over some of Wodgers cases it is fairly easy to define where due process was not correctly followed and where 'bluff' and administrative liberties where taken. (Famous foot shots of the nasty, nameless and faceless).

Mr ENTSCH (Leichhardt—Chief Opposition Whip)(21:30
This industry urgently needs an independent body and rights mechanisms to hold CASA Cairns accountable for their own inadequacies and conduct. After 14 September, I will be calling for a full inquiry. I will not let Barrier be destroyed without holding those individuals who are directly responsible for this sordid business accountable for their actions. {my bold}.
It seems Mr. Entsch has picked up the same vibe in Cairns as Sen. X has from Bankstown. The question is, I suppose, will that inquiry be opened up to include the 'industry' or simply restricted to Cairns?. Seems to me a shame to get all the tools out and then only do half the job. The momentum from the Senate has kick started the process, it would be a pity to loose that. Is it worth sending email or letters to Entsch requesting the proposed inquiry be opened up to let all the kids and the "minority" ills of society mob have a whack at the piñata ??

It would be worth the expense just to watch Mrdak wielding a razor sharp knife on behalf of a minister (or junior minister) who wanted to know the answers, wasn't remotely interested in covering up the mistakes of the present incumbent and had half an idea where the skeletons are buried. Now that, I would buy a ticket for.

PS. Nice catch 004; Gobbles sends a Choccy frog and says that he will be home from the fleshpots of Montreal in time for the elections and the BRB Inquiry ball (fancy dress this year – his favourite)........

Creamy - fixed it. Glad you knew what I was banging on about.

Last edited by Kharon; 7th Jun 2013 at 23:31. Reason: * Thanks Creamy - whatever it is, they say it's a bugger to beat.