PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA CPL 300 nm cross-country
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2013, 13:12
BackPacker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If a trip you've done in the past happens to qualify, even if that trip was not planned to be a CPL QXC, then it's even cheaper. My gut feeling is that that's what's going on here.

I have several trips in my logbook that were not planned to be a CPL QXC, but might qualify as such, depending on the exact interpretation of the rules. (I have never done an outright A-B-C-A trip on a single day. But does an A-B-C trip, done in a single day, count under JAA and/or FAA? Does an A-B-C-D-A trip, with the weekend spent at C, count under JAA and/or FAA? Does an A-B-B-B-C-A four-day trip, where B happened to be an aeros contest, and C happened to be an unplanned diversion on the B-A leg due to a technical issue, count under JAA and/or FAA? What if somebody else uses the plane while you are relaxing and enjoying the scenery at one of the destination airfields? What if somebody else flies a leg, with you as a passenger or using a different kind of transport, but the total distance flown by you fulfills the requirements? Those are just some of the trips which are in my logbook and could possibly be used for the CPL QXC.)

Last edited by BackPacker; 7th Jun 2013 at 13:21.