PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bluetooth Connectivity - iPod Touch to Mobile/Cell Phone
Old 7th Jun 2013, 11:50
teeteringhead

Gentleman Aviator

Received 51 Likes on 24 Posts
Bluetooth Connectivity - iPod Touch to Mobile/Cell Phone

As an old-fashioned (and tight-fisted) person, I don't have an iPhone.

I have an old-ish iPod Touch with a WiFi dongle, and an even older mobile/cell 'phone, the venerable Nokia 6300.

The Nokia makes 'phone calls, takes pictures and some other stuff, the iPod Touch does lots of amazing stuff. So far so good, the functionality and cost suit very well what I use them for.

The problem. I have some pictures on the Nokia which I want to get onto the iPod. I've got them connected by Bluetooth, but can't seem to work out - maybe I'm dull - how to transfer the images.

I have been told that Apple purposely restrict the functionality of Bluetooth on their devices, for fear (understandable) of people broadcasting their iTunes purchases. But surely that would only need a restriction on what the iPod transmits, not what it receives.

I feel I ought to be able to do it without going via another computer, as the connectivity is there. Any suggestions??

Or is there any way I can e-mail or forward a msg from Nokia to iPod - which reads my e-mail.

All contributions gratefully received!