PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWQUAY
Thread: NEWQUAY
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2013, 08:19
xtypeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well GroundHog this sounds very intriguing. I must admit I have had some ideas and have sounded out a few of my colleagues for their thoughts. Newquay is potentionally an ideal location. One has to consider is LoCo on its way out should we begin to look at alternatives well here is an option. The largest cargo airline in the world is not even an airline but part of an integrated transport system FedEx. Now what Newquay wants is sustainable year round services ideally connecting with London. So here is a conception. This would be suited initially to businessmen(or Women). Firstly there would have to be a survey of all Businesses in the Newquay hinterland and find out exactly where they need to travel too. Let’s take the argument for London as a destination. It may be that LHR would satisfy 50% of business and that the rest requires mainly the west of London. So you can now put into place effectively a corporate shuttle of say 12 to 14 seats and operate to an alternative airport let’s say Farnborough or Fairoaks. There would be as part of the fare an inclusive executive mini coach with phone and Wifi. One coach would serve Heathrow and others would serve the other destinations. With my idea not all the seats would be taken on each service so that there would be a limited number available to the general public again with connections to various non fixed destinations as required.Once established this could be further developed to other destinations. You could use Lydd for a connection to Ashford and EuroStar making Paris in under 4hours from Cornwall. Use Southend for connection to Easyjet services and the City. Use Coventry for the West Midlands. The idea could spread around many of our regional airports. Gloucester and Oxford are two further candidates. They would not potentionally go to London but the North West and North east Scotland and Ireland become within the scope of this conception.

Last edited by xtypeman; 7th Jun 2013 at 08:22.