PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATR-72 engine failure after V1
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2013, 17:23
Clandestino

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Engine flame out at take off(after V1) at what speed do you climb, after cleaning the aircraft?
White bug in normal conditions. In icing condition white bug with flaps 15°. If circumstances warrant, we might clean up in level flight once past the red bug.

(consider full load)
AUW considered in setting the bugs before startup.

Well, we remain at white Bug speed till level off/cruise level. Is it normal?
Yes, given there are no icing conditions and only cruise that can take place is the one to take-off alternate.

I would even love to know different different operators standard, speed of climb? (plz dont mention the name)
The way ATR wants it. It's the healthiest one - it comes with flight test team guarantee.

One engine out, ceiling comes down to 20,000feet.
On 42-300 it could get below 11 000. Very entertaining when operating on routes with MEA around 13 000.

I have even heard people saying it would stall at white bug speed if i have to climb 20,000 feet..
It might not climb to 20 000 ft at white bug but as long as wing is ice free and you are not practicing 45° banked turns, white bug keeps you out of stall.

EDIT:

This was the way we had flown in the days before PEC & EEC, I don't know whether 500s and 600s have dispensed with "climb with flaps 15" technique.

Last edited by Clandestino; 6th Jun 2013 at 17:31.