PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWQUAY
Thread: NEWQUAY
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2013, 15:50
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LHR-NQY on BA would be a dream route as it would open up Europe and the world to Cornwall.
Seems Far to sensible to me
Come on mate, BA tried LGW-NQY and it was flying a fuselage full of little more than fresh air most days. In my experience, Newquay was a grotty little airport with a money grabbing philosophy run by the pond life council in a region already well served by the train. It's no more likely to get a LHR link than Inverness as neither has enough high yield connecting traffic in addition to those willing to pay a massive premium to fly into WEST London. Let's be realistic, it's a pipe dream, even with three runways at LHR I bet they still wouldn't touch it. APD has made it hard enough to get mass market England-Scotland connections, an England-England connection is a pretty tough cookie and requires a substantial business community to support it. Cornwall has some major wealth but not enough industry to make it viable. I'd be more worried about NQY even being a commercial airfield in five years than a wish list of serving the most congested hub airport on Western Europe.

BA aren't going to serve it just because you happen to have a house there.

then I could see sense in BA operating one daily LHR-NQY
Do they do this with any other domestic or British Islands route? A once per day competing against the train would be mainly leisure traffic only, an utter waste of a LHR slot in the mid afternoon long haul departure period? No way.

Last edited by Skipness One Echo; 6th Jun 2013 at 15:53.