PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2013, 10:11
stiglet

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
For the majority of established airlines, pilots join at the bottom of the seniority list on the bottom payscale no matter what your previous experience or position (unless you're in as the CP or have some particularly needed expertise). That's the way it works and that's the way I would expect it to work here; you cannot expect to jump those junior pilots who have been here a while. In a previous airline that's what happened to me; I left a company as a captain and joined the one I wanted as an F/O. Expectations are different I think because some of us were lucky to join easy when there was a significant lack of pilots with the available experience to be promoted to command and we joined as direct entry captains. Now things are different and although easy wants a more balanced and experienced work force we are not that desperate for commanders. Our F/O's are building their hours and will be ready for command when their time comes.

I echo the sentiments of a few colleagues about the attitude of some posters here. If you join with these views you will not get on well in easy.

I concur with SpGo expect to join on the NEC.