PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sharp to take over Airlines of Tasmania's routes
Old 6th Jun 2013, 03:21
msharp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Firstly I can confirm that Sharp Airlines is not the purchaser of KingIsland Airlines. But good luck to the new owners who are Sydney based or so therumour has it.
Secondly our FO's are not "pay to fly" FO's butundertake a cadet program that has been in existence for over 20 years. Theyare paid correctly under the award and all as we do is offer them a way inwhich to accelerate their careers. Its a great win/win as we get a well trained FO already aligned to company SOP's etc and they get a paid job for 12 months or more to get them started in aviation.
Most of these young men and women have gone on to fly withthe major airlines and GA outfits a fact we are very proud of and I know a fewof you reading this will have flown with 1 or 2 in your time. Whilst they arewith us we nurture them through their first 2-3 years in aviation. But I don’t wishto upset the moderators by pushing our case any further as I am happy to standby our reputation. If you want to come and see them in action Gaunty I would behappy for you to plug in any day…the tickets on me and the fishing in Flindersis great all year round!

On the other topic of supporting the Bass Strait Island’sthe Metroliner does the job very well. I to as a pilot would love to be flying aroundin a “flash Dash” or something similar but boys the economics do not stack uplet alone if you have looked at the purchase price even for an old -100 lately!

Our Metro 23 airframes are low time and believe it or notare still well supported for parts and technical assistance worldwide. So justto dispel the last remaining rumour….there is no plan for a fleet upgradeanytime soon. Sorry to disappoint you.

Have a good weekend and stay safe.