PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which is Better - Heathrow or Gatwick?
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2003, 20:39
atco-matic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bealine, how can you say gatwick is shabby and in need of a deep clean? The North terminal has been spotless on the many occasions I have used it, and now that BA have chopped a load of routes it's even more deserted than it was before! The only thing I dislike about it is the long walk to the gates nearest the south terminal.

Terminal 4 is awful! Always chokka every time I use it and those awful depressing 80s check in desks don't help the ambiance of the place either.

BTW Bealine, whilst we are on the subject of Terminal 4, why is it that I can't check in for any flight at any desk like you often can at other BA terminals (eg T1, North terminal from what I remember)? Only reason I ask is that whilst travelling recently we went to nearest check in desk in T4, and were told to hike our bags down to the other end of the terminal past 30 or 40 practically passengerless check in desks -with staff sitting gossiping- all the way to 3 or 4 check in desks with 400 people waiting to check in queuing all across the concourse and blocking any thru route!