PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde to Retire?
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2003, 20:04
Happy Landings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Commenting on the newspaper and evening news stories, this post was started yesterday, do you reckon PPrune is powerful enough to start a rumour that even the journalists in London can get hold of, and knowing journo's they probably just went with the story to sell papers without even bothering to ring BA to get a comment.

I have two points to make.

1) Concorde service's would struggle if either BA or AF stopped them, i.e one cant run without the other (in theory). But After Paris BA suggested it would go it alone if AF stopped flying.

2) I use to buy a few spare parts for the old girl, and believe me after the last refurbishment there are loads of Concorde spare parts lying about, problem is finding them or finding someone's grandad who knows how to make them!!! (that is a Joke)

Oh and an after thought would be that Air France are most likely to be the first to ground Concorde, cos if BA are having a bad time chances are AF are having it harder!

Thats my opinion anyway - Keep on flying the old girl ( you can ground her in ten years, once I've saved enough money to fly day return to JFK on her!!!!!!!)