PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2013, 19:20
davidjohnson6

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
I've spent enough time experiencing the Ryanair way of doing things to know that it's a money making machine rather than a cuddly toy. I also know that the company loves Captcha.

I know that Ryanair has in the past used Captcha to mention its money making ancillary products - e.g. booking hotels or phone call cards - nothing really that wrong with a bit of suggestive marketing.

I'm finding however that having to type in slogans about how Mastercard feeds young children who would otherwise go hungry in some of the poorest parts of the world, just to get a price for a flight rather cringe-worthy. I doubt that Mastercard has a particularly large impact on the world's poorest - they are after all just a credit card brand which seeks to make a profit. It all has echoes of being told to repeat corporate propaganda, while using the image of the world's most needy and vulnerable as a way of inducing people to spend in a way that increases profits. At the very least, this gives me a rather negative and cynical image of Mastercard.

Anyone else share this opinion ?

Last edited by davidjohnson6; 5th Jun 2013 at 19:25.