PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hats off to the RPG!
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2013, 17:45
goaround737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GAF15

I absolutely stand by what I say Go AroundFlaps 15. And no, im well enough aquatinted with the TR process to know that certain standards must be attained. The point I was attempting to make is that Ryanair provide an “in” for newly qualified pilots and as such forms the majority of their intake. By “hack it” I was referring to the ability of said recruit to get a first job in the current climate.

If you are so sure of the outstanding quality of newly recruited Ryanair pilots (I presume you once counted yourself amongst them?) I would question why they/you felt the need to spend £30k+ on a type rating, when surely the next jet job (emirates, Thomson, Norwegian, as you suggest) with a free TR was just around the corner?

No, you took this job and paid for it because it was an “in”, which is understandable. However, as I mentioned before, you were well aware of what awaited you.

Pint’alfempty- im glad to hear I moved you to comment on the matter, your defence of Ryanair no doubt contributes tothe ‘cut and thrust’ of the debate.

Last edited by goaround737; 5th Jun 2013 at 17:47.