PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ornge helicopter crash
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2013, 17:20
Arcal76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know I should stay out of this but I should bring some comments!

Pilot and apprentice is wright. In the past we were doing our training directly on the aircraft and we were able to see what the aircraft was able to do which was very important on the underpower 76A. We went from the aircraft to the A sim from Flight Safety to their B sim to now the S76 C+ from rotorsim. The training done now on the S76 is crap since it has nothing to do with a S76A. All new pilots have no clue about single engine performance even it was not the problem in this case.

We lost a lot of pilots due to the Ornge change which could not be worst, so many very experienced guys who have here for 15-20 years left during the last 2 years.

And Pilot and apprentice is also right about all people commenting about something they don't know. It is sometimes very painful to read what some people are saying when they do not have a clue about what we are doing. That' why I am staying away from most comment to avoid to get mad.

We know it is a CFIT, we don't know why and only the CVR will tell us and answer very important question.

Don was working with CHL before part-time and left when Ornge arrived. He came back with us just recently. As I said before, as soon as you leave the runway, it is an instrument flight, it does not matter if the Vis is 1 SM or 10 SM, you don't see anything anyway. GIMY was a phase 2, so you have to fly it manually.
NVG's have been ruled out because of training cost, we 16 aircrafts, 84 pilots to cover Ontario, so it is a big deal on the cost side.