PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2013, 08:28
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
Danny, all the main contributors to this thread, from Cliff right through to you, had the one thing in common which tells us so much about your generation; diffidence. Others perhaps had more interesting and significant tales to tell, but each of you knew that you didn't. With very great respect, you were all wrong!
The very success of Cliff's thread belies that feeling. Many of us learned our various trades from those who had started theirs in WW2. They taught us well, but had little to say of their own learning curves and experiences. We soon knew not to ask. Now at last we can, and you and your fellow raconteurs patiently reply with details about food, transport, clothing, whatever. In short you dot and cross the i's and t's that we all wondered about.
Of course we want you to go on Danny, just as long as you are willing to do so, and right here is the place to do it. Mods don't generally endorse threads, rather it is their role to take action when a thread goes awry. I think you can take it as read though that they feel the same as we do who are you ardent followers. Let Mastermind be your inspiration, "I've started, so I'll finish...".

Last edited by Chugalug2; 5th Jun 2013 at 08:37.