PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India Express is at it again
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2013, 07:43
captjns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attached is response from Rishworth Aviation regarding some questions I had about AIX.

I have reviewed your queries and highlighted my comments below in blue

QUESTION

Why is AIX not paying the full amount as advertised?

RESPONSE

In regards to the question about salary and as to reasons why Air India is not paying the full amount, Air India will deduct $1000 per month as a part of a retention scheme to ensure pilots remain with the airline for the full duration of the contract term. This will be reimbursed to you on the completion of your yearly anniversary on assignment with Air India Express.

QUESTION

As AIRX does not fly to my home country, will they provide me with return business class ticket to and from my home airport?

RESPONSE

Air India will provide tickets on the Air India network only at commencement and termination of your assignment, and for your consecutive days off. These will be confirmed tickets in Economy class, upgradeable to Business class when available. You will have to arrange to meet the costs of travel from your Base Residence to nominated Home Residence as these are not reimbursed by the Airline.

QUESTION

Can you please detail the accommodation arrangements in India along with crew transport to and from the airport for duty.

RESPONSE

For this particular appointment,

- pilots will need to organise their own accommodation at their allocated duty station from the monthly salary provided

- accommodation and transport will be met by Air India only when on flying duty, away from operating duty station

QUESTION

Does AIX provide per Diem for overnights outside of India?

RESPONSE

Unfortunately there are no per diems payable on this assignment.

SUBJECT ABOUT TAXES

Air India has advised that the salary is net of any taxes in India, as they are responsible for this. As such, any further discussions on this topic, would be best raised directly with the airline, at the appropriate time, should you decide to pursue this opportunity further.

I hope this answers your questions. With the above information in mind, please let me know if you wish to proceed and commence an application for Air India Express.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon - also I do apologize again for the delay in getting back to you sooner.