PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2013, 23:19
Union Jack

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
On my own behalf, I can advance one argument. For the next ten years at least, I shall be almost exclusively working with the ex-war aircrew who formed the mainstay of ATC up to the early '60s. The stories I shall tell will all have their roots in that background.

Now I throw this open to you all, and respectfully await the decision of the Moderators.

As I see it, Danny, you have very effectively answered your own essentially rhetorical question - this outstanding thread tells the tale of those who all had something in common, namely that they started their Royal Air Force service during the Second World War, and most of the principal contributors did indeed gain an RAF pilot's brevet.

Inevitably, what they then did with their lives post war was very largely shaped by their war service, irrespective of whether they continued to fly or not, and I for one have found each and every one of the tales told by you and your predecessors absolutely fascinating, and feel most strongly that whatever you, and any past or, hopefully future, contributors did subsequently, it should all be carefully continued and kept in the thread started by Cliff exactly five years ago. In my view, anything else would be a travesty, and totally lacking in the respect that you and your peers are amply due.

With very best wishes and keep on keeping on - preferably right here!

Jack