PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is US a police state now?
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2013, 19:28
alouette3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with OFBSLF. What you guys are talking about are minor irritants as a reasonable response (as opposed to the great nation of Israel's response) to a changing world order. The last time I looked, nobody flew airliners into buildings in Canada or Europe. And, until cops wielding automatic weapons with fierce dogs on leash are a common sight here at most airports, ( as they are in most of Europe) I refuse to acknowledge that the US is a police state.
Even if it is, the shuffle of a million pair of feet trying to move here, live here, work here or even just train here seems to continue. Why is that I wonder?
And that guy whose wife is Colombian? Try living there for a few years and, if you survive, come back and tell us how it is.
The US maybe a lot of things to a lot of people but the one thing it is not is a police state. Those who think otherwise are welcome to leave (you can still do that ,you know, unlike a few other places where your passport is surrendered upon entry) or not visit at all.
Alt3