PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Incident at Heathrow
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2013, 12:57
slip and turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Del Prado
Slip and turn
We'll no doubt learn the full story when the full report comes out on that.

So back to lessons to be learned.
OK so now I am being edit-quoted out of context I was suggesting that the reason it went back to Heathrow (if there was any conscious reason) would come out in the full report.

So I should then have said "So back to other lessons we might be able to learn immediately" or some such.

This ain't the usual type of incident where we all have to wait to discover the prime cause lest we go off half-cocked, now do we? The facts are already out there in the interim report.

You can speculate the engineers had a bad day or toothache or last night before finishing the job had just had a blinding row with the boss but it doesn't add up to much.

The bald fact was that no bugger on the ramp saw the latches were open before it went ... that's the one that demands heads banged

I tell you, if pilots everywhere this week are not more conscientiously doing the walkaround checks and asking questions about how well ramp staff communicate doors and hatches closed and whether they are seen to be very diligently checking then it is a rum do. We don't need a final report before we learn that one.

Last edited by slip and turn; 4th Jun 2013 at 14:15. Reason: hatches not latches! Unless the ground handling organisation is contracted to look out for latches too!