PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest EASA PPL IR looking good especially for FAA IR holders
Old 4th Jun 2013, 12:29
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MJ

I will tell you my story 7 years ago went for my medical and the AME stated that i needed glasses for short work.
he refused to issue my medical and I trundled off the 50 miles back to my hometown and an urgent appointment with the local Specsav+rs.
Now being a funny individual I requested the glasses look more like sunglasses and had them tinted.
£300 worse off I trundled the 50 miles back to be told I had to do the whole vision thing sporting my new glasses.
All fine with the vision thing but he wanted the color tests doing again!
I could not read a thing or see any correct numerals
What had happened to my color vision.
Then it dawned on me while he was saying I needed other tests! For instance put on yellow glasses and the best color vision guy in the world looking at blue will see green. Ok my glasses were brown!
I explained this and argued that every pilot wearing sunglasses which most do are color blind! I argued that in which case the wearing of sunglasses by pilots should be banned!!!
I was banished yet again to buy a set of clear glasses.
Last medical 1 month ago the new AME removed the "must wear corrective glasses"! completely as I passed the vision test with flying colors without glasses

Pace