PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair aplication status
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2013, 10:53
captgeorgekajo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow syntax....you're a happy soul aren't you?! Can't wait to have you on my right...

i've been on 6/4 for the last 2 years and whilst it doesn't always work out in terms of commuting to home & base due to the scheduling of flights, it's normally not a problem. I've been lucky enough to have been in 5 different bases over the last 12 months (my request) and each have their own pro's and con's, but none of them have I had 5/3 nor spoke to anyone on 5/3. out of interest what bases are on 5/3 syntax?

There's no such thing as perfect, but if you're nice to the planners then it can pay dividends :-)

Re the 5/3 roster, I suspect the reason for this is due to the new Flight Time regulations that will come into force late this year. Then, operators won't be allowed to schedule 6 days of earlies / lates. Roster changes are also happening at RYR (someone can correct me on this) and EZY are promoting flexi roster too, even with the new conrtact. Wizz make no guarantees about the option to commute and of course they want local pilots for all the obvious reasons. Complaining about commuting isn't likely to be any concern for the mgmt when they've got CV's flooding in through the door.

From what I've heard, recruitment has stopped for the summer and there is enough pilots going through the training dept to fill the gaps where needed. It will reopen again in October. The biggest problem for crewing has been that governments (outside EU, ie Ukraine, Macedonia) want local pilots or at least the pilots on local contracts so that has meant a lot of base changing / scheduling changes. Plus, of course, there was some sudden resignations but I was reliably informed that last year a lot less pilots left than they expected.

You should listen to A320baby, if you don't like it, jump ship.