PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COPA Airlines interviews
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2013, 16:37
samca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes but if the Law says that pilots with level 4 can Fly to USA you must accept.

I'm agree english is language in aviation but I've been flying in Europe, specially London área with my level 4 and never ever I have had any problem, I sure you.

I never have flown in USA but It Should be no too many different from UK except for the acent.

Probably USA controllers are a littel bit different from the European controllers. I have heard they do not accept the words "say again please" they do not understand that english language is not our mother language. Even in our mother language com sometimes you need to clarify a Message given by a controller. It is normal in a cockpit with other noise around you.

Anyway what I think is that you do not accept that COPA has not called your collegues but this is only my feeling.

Caming back to the crew problem in Chicago, I still thinking that It was just an incident but the pilots can navigate and comunicate in English without any problem. I heard that the problem was that the Captain starter to discuss with the controller... Bad idea.
Also I have heard that FAA doesn't put level 6 as a required It has been the company and It has been level 5 and only to some airports.

Rgds

Last edited by samca; 3rd Jun 2013 at 16:40.