PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - need urgent advise regarding UK CAA rules and regulations on issuing license please
Old 3rd Jun 2013, 14:50
ramin noor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question need urgent advise regarding UK CAA rules and regulations on issuing license please

i have completed my ATPL theoretical exams on October 2010, did my CPL on 8th july 2011, did my IR on 12th july 2012. in oxford aviation academy in the UK.

after my departure from the UK, ( i live in Australia) i have been contacted by oxford aviation and been told that they cant sumbit my paper works to the CAA to issue my frozen ATPL, because i have done the IR exam ( i have passed it) while my CPL was expired ( they informed me that i had to do the IR before the 8th of july 2012, as the date i passed the CPL exam was on the 8th july 2011, therefore ,the CPL was expired when i sat for the IR exam, and now i have to do a CPL renewal before the 8th of july 2013.

as i am getting ready to go to the UK now , to do the CPL renewal , i have received this e-mail below from Oxford Aviation Academy;

Regarding your training in OAA, their reply was as follow:

“Under EASA the course duration is 36 months maximum. you have commenced your training in April 2010, thus 36 months has passed. Although the course has been delivered you cannot get your licence as your skill tests have lost validity. Under EASA the 36 months may be exceeded if operational requirements necessitate it. In your case they have not, it has simply been his reluctance to re-fly the CPL skill test. Thus I believe your whole course of training is now invalid for licence issue.”

this email was very upsetting to me and un acceptable, i am very stressed now,, i did the course under JAA not EASA.
i passed the ATPL theoretical exams , on October 2011

any advise from anyone who has a good understanding of rules and regulations of the CAA please , there must be away for this