PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's happened to Genghis the Engineer? Two
Old 3rd Jun 2013, 07:51
Genghis the Engineer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts
There's plenty out there about this, but in a nutshell, I was a moderator who objected to the activities - particularly here on the private flying thread - of somebody using PPrune for very public investigations into alleged nefarious / criminal / dangerous activities. In the fuss about that, I discussed that person's identity with several people privately.

That (both my objections, and the private discussion about identity) was objected to by a friend of his, a senior mod. He banned me.

It turned out in retrospect, that the person whose activities I objected to was a convicted con-artist, who had taken a lot of people in, and who was using Pprune as his "shop window" to support in particular various lucrative bits of fraud (proven to my satisfaction although not yet in a court of law) and blackmail (allegedly, not proven to my satisfaction or in a court of law as yet). He's now under police investigation. The identity he was using which I had discussed offline was also false.

About 6 months later when the real facts about this character were very well known, Internet Brands (although not the moderator who banned me) apologised to me and re-instated me as a "normal member" of Pprune.

G

Last edited by Genghis the Engineer; 3rd Jun 2013 at 07:54.